* I suck at fantasy football, apparently. This is my first year playing. In Week 1, two of my three receivers, my two running backs and my tight end combined for 4 catches, 195 total yards and 0 touchdowns. Barring a miracle from Greg Jennings Monday night and a disaster by the Denver offense, I will have been soundly trounced by my opponent.
* Predicting the length of a Day 2 in a live tournament is pretty simple. The formula is: [(Total number of entrants) * (starting stack) / (number of players at final table) / 45] This will produce a number that is equal to the big blind of the level in which the final table will be set. Example from the APPT Macau High Rollers Event:
61 entrants * 20,000 starting stack / 9-handed final table / 45 = 3,012. Round that down to 3,000, which is Level 13 -- 1,500 / 3,000 / 500. We currently have thirty minutes left in Level 12, and ten players remain.
* I don't mind 16 days on the road, but spending 14 of them in one place gets a bit boring.
* This is my twelfth straight day of work. Tomorrow will make Day 13. I will spend Wednesday traveling from Macau back to Las Vegas, and then work another 11 straight days upon my return. That's the glamorous life in the poker media.
* I have travel stories. They will make it up here. I wish I knew when.